Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am more thankful for my life today than I was yesterday.

This past weekend was a get-away to Jinja; an illusion that we were not in Africa for a few moments in time.

Though not necessarily restful, it was EXHILERATING--to say the least.

With solely an oar in hand, we embarked upon our days' journey down the rapids of the Nile River. The greatness of Nature became all too clear as we attempted with all of our might to conquer the great current of water which lay ahead. Failing miserably, we were forced to rely on the kayaker to save us time and time again as we were thrown in every direction off of our "reliable" raft.

And as I say it was an illusion we were not in Africa, it seems all too fitting that we were; having no option but to come face to face with nature.

AND NOW FOR THE MOST INTENSE MOMENT OF MY LIFE...
Perhaps this is an exaggeration, but for that moment in time, I can absolutely say it was reality.

Standing on the edge of the platform, it was all Rachel and I could do not to look down into the River which had shown us grace just the day before. Clinging tighter to her than ever before to anyone in my life, we prepared for the plunge...

5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
BUNGEE!!!

It is impossible for me to describe the feeling to you. All I can say is that Rachel and I screamed the loudest out of all who jumped, tears were running down my face, and I continually held on to Rachel's head to ensure she was still there.
Just do it. And you'll understand.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are thankful and thanks for sharing them with us! We recently felt the same way so we created a site called ThankfulFor an online gratitude journal with social features. We would love to have you try it out and post your thanks!

    Thankfully,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete