Friday, August 28, 2009

I made it!

For the next 4 months, Mukono, Uganda is the place I call home. It's surreal as I walk down the streets of Mukono that this is Africa; the world seems to grow smaller and smaller as the days go by.

In a nutshell, my family is wonderful and the members of it are far too numerous to count with people in and out all the time. We have laughed until our stomachs hurt and had intensive conversations about Ugandan life, history, and stereotypes they have about Americans. The stereotypes in and of themselves make for lots of laughter; though on some level, they are always true.

Here's a glimpse of what I mean when I say we're laughing until our stomachs hurt:

This is one of my many brothers, William. Ha.

Here is my mailing adress for all those to whom I've promised it:
Julie Bird, Uganda Studies Program
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4
Mukono, Uganda
I love mail! And if you send me something, be assured you will receive something back :)

I also have an international cell phone which receives calls from Skype for free, but... I don't know the number yet.

We'll be in Rwanda for the next week and a half and will have no communication so I will update after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment